- 1/2 tsp of saffron flakes
- 1 tbsp of hot water
- 100 grams of unsalted butter room temp
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Cream Topping:
- 1 cup heavy cream (unsweetened whipping cream)
- 2/4 cup confectioners sugar
- .Mix the hot water and saffron flakes in a small bowl and set aside to soak.
- Begin to whisk the butter and sugar until completely smooth (whisk for around 5-6 mins on highspeed). Begin to add the eggs one at time. Next, add the vanilla and soaked saffron.
- Sift the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl and gradually begin to add the dry mix into the wet mix while combining with a spatula.
- Pour into a 8 inch pan and cook in the oven for 20-25 mins on 350F.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the milk “syrup”. In a sauce pan over medium heat, mix the milk, heavy cream and condensed milk until hot and a bit thicker in consistency.
- Prepare the cream topping: whisk on highspeed the heavy cream and sugar until it doubles in portion and becomes thicker. Careful not to over whisk!
- Once the cake is out of the oven, poke small holes using a toothpick and pour the milk syrup all over. Let the cake completely cool down and finally pour the cream topping on top and decorate your cake! Let it chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours before serving & enjoy! 💕
IG - @emtinabakes
Go try this recipe and tag us in your posts for a special offer on your next order! @the.spicedirect